Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Long time... no post

Hey everyone,

sorry for the hiatus things have been a little NUTS!!! And not always the good kind like tasty Cashews... ok this is already turning into a random compilation of scattered thoughts... I need to harness them, and quickly...

First we can have some music so that you can listen to it as you continue to read. My recent favs have included:

Smile by Uncle Kracker


This song just makes me happy lol :-D

hmmmm... Uh-Oh lost my train of thought... ummmmmm...OH.. well I could talk about the weather but that is slightly boring-ish but until I find something better here it is...

The weather has been COLD... like BRRR and COOOOLD I have turned into a permanent Saracicle i.e. FROZEN SOLID!!!

It snowed this morning... yes in Modesto it snowed, normally Mo-town (or as my friends refer to it Moo-town) is associated with being SCORCHING HOT!! but not as of recently... today the high was 39. That's a wee-bit too cold for my taste. Except for the fact that I got to put on my pea-coat and new sweater and scarf and gloves and Uggs and trudge into the coldness. That was kinda fun. I love that pea-coat.

hmmm OH it came back

Today was a really good day... do you ever have those days where the stars seam to align and Mercury is not in retrograde (lol, I don't follow horoscopes at all but thats what people always say). Well today was one of those days. Lots of really nice little things happened like- Getting a Venti at Starbucks (Eggnog Latte, of course) when I only ordered a Grande. And there was no line at the grocery store. I also stumbled across what looks to be a WONDERFUL Chili recipe which I am making tomorrow. YUMMM Chili and cornbread... yes I am a southern-ish girl. I also had a great conversation with one of my BFF's. I also am continuing great conversations with a new person who is turning out to be a breath of fresh air, someone with many layers and I am very much enjoying our conversations. Although the one we are having now isn't super happy but it's making me think. Which is great.

Oh so a few weekends ago I went and visited Eva and Derek (YAY!) and Eva and I decided to go to Toad Hallow in Davis... now for the great pictures! So a little history on Toad Hallow quoted from Weird California (awesome book if your into random things around the state). So basically, the former mayor of Davis, yes like UC Davis-GoAggies!, decided that the toads of Davis needed a safe place to cross the road and rest their tired little toad heads- thus Toad Hallow. A whopping $30,000 was spent building these little houses. and a small toad outhouse. Now the houses have been brought up to speed with the Green Movement and have solar panels, not real ones, but still... If you would like to visit Toad Hallow it is next to the Post Office in Davis. A little tricky to find but if you drive though the post office you will see it upon your exit...








No comments: