Tuesday, March 23, 2010

guess it's a sentimental afternoon

I decided this afternoon to watch Little Women- the one with Susan Surandon and Winona Ryder. When I was young I remember watching this movie an Amy was my idol. She seamed like she was perfect and I could relate to her and I thought that everything after Meg gets married was a waste.

Now when I watch the movie I feel like I relate so closely to Jo. That carefree, wild spirit who says things that are stupid and is restless in her current place. She has to go out and find her own adventure.

And now I also find the  second half of the movie to be wonderful. I let myself cry when Beth dies and when Amy marries Teddy I tear up as well.

The older I get the more this movie relates to me... and on different levels. I know what Jo means about "why must we grow up?" but also I feel ready to embrace it...

Don't know where I am going with this and don't really care... somedays I just have too many thoughts swimming in my head and need to let them out to be what they are.

On a less serious note I am excited for this weekend! YAY friends and Fresno!! Love it!!

thats all for now...




No comments: