Thursday, October 01, 2009

A funny thing happened....

Ok so i went on a walk this evening... it was nice... I walked down by the irrigation canal and then back through the neighborhood... the second part of the walk took me WAAAAY longer than the first... can anyone guess why?


Its because I only had one shoe... my other shoe fell into the canal. The canal, for those of you who don't live in irrigated areas looks kinda like this...

Now you might be saying, Sarah, if the shoes were on your feet how did one wind up in the canal... well I will tell you...

So I'm walking along and I get a rock in my shoe... I cant stand rocks in my shoe... so I sat down and pulled of my shoe and thought I got the rock out. Now instead of putting that show back on my foot I set it down next to me... as I go to remove my ther shoe (with out untying it, like I've done since I was a kid) my elbow hits my right shoe and splash! into the canal it goes... I immedietly go SHIT! and grab a stick to try and fish for my shoe... this causes it to fill up with water and sink...

So I take off my socks and hoof it home... carrying 1 shoe...
Guess it's time for new walking shoes!

No comments: