Tuesday, October 06, 2009

in honor of...

National 4-H week I have decided to blog about a different aspect of 4-H this week.. I'll start with the pledge and then finish with some other fun tidbits...

So lets just clarify for you Non- 4-H ers..

As I loyal 4-H member...
I pledge my head to clearer thinking
My heart to greater Loyalty
My hands for larger service
and my health for better living 
for my club, my community, my country and my world


so... I pledge my head to clearer thinking....


In the last couple years the thinking clearly thing has been harder and harder as the beurocracy of it all presses down on the fun you are having... but being in 4-H has taught me to believe that I can do it... I have learned to think the problem through, to look at the other side and to view not only your argument but the opposing side.

I pledge my head to clearer thinking... ok this was a hard place to start, harder than I thought... I think one of the more confusing parts of the pledge... I mean you can say it but to think that you pledge to think clearer...

I guess when you look at it as a bigger picture... as pledging to think not only in your  house but in your community and your country. When all the shit happens you need to look beyond yourself and figure out what is best for the group as a whole...

So today... think clearer.... put yourself in your neighbors shoes... and look for tomorrow... when we pledge....

our hearts to greater loyalty

No comments: